Rugged, portable, affordable, and ASCII programmable, RBD's 9103 USB Picoammeter measures bi-polar DC current from picoamps to milliamps. It can be biased with an optional built-in fixed +90V DC bias, or your own low-noise DC power supply.
Data Logging and graphing software is included for Microsoft Windows. The 9103 is compatible w/ OSx, Linux, Matlab, and LabView, and can be controlled via a simple ASCII interface.
The 9103 works well in noisy environments. It was designed for measuring electron and ion beams as well as diode and IC I/V characterization. The 9103 is multi-channel capable - up to 127 can be synchronized
Enter RBD's Marie Curie's Birthday Sweepstakes to win a free 9103 Picoammeter. The drawing is on November 7, 2020.
The 9103 is Now Available in Four Configurations:
- Standard: sample rate 40 reads/second
- High-speed: sample rate 500 reads/second
- High-voltage: sample rate 40 reads/second, floats up to 5 kV DC *
- High-speed / High-Voltage: sample rate 500 reads/second, floats up to 5 kV DC *
Two Bias Options are available on the Standard and High-speed Models:
- +90 V Fixed
- External: BNC bias input
* High-voltage supply provided by user.
* Bias options not available with high-voltage version.
- Electron & ion current measurements
- Photodiode current & dark current measurements
(up to 127 devices at the same time.)
- Beam and particle monitoring
- Data logging current comparisons
- Leakage current testing
- Mass spectrometer current measurements
- Materials resistance testing
- Direct measurement of electron multiplier output (with HV option)
- High resistance measurement (with HV option)
- Accurate Current Measurement:
Ranges 2 nA to 2 mA, .001 nA to 2.499 mA
- Programmability: ASCII command interface for user-defined testing and automation as well as integration with third-party instrumentation software
- Auto or Manual Range: automatic or manual range selection
- Interval or Single Sampling: take samples of current at timed intervals ranging from 25 ms to 9999 ms per point
- Automatic Input Grounding (prevents specimen stage from charging on electron microscopes and vacuum spectrometers)
- Optional Bias Use your own isolated voltage source to measure current vs. voltage, or a fixed +90 V bias
- Optional 5 kV DC Isolation
- Optional high-speed sampling (500 reads/sec.)
- RBD 9103 Picoammeter for Floating Ion Current Measurements - Dr. Stephan Raushenbach’s lab at Oxford University
- Application of the RBD 9103 Picoammeter in Ion Beam Experiments - Paul Scheier - Nano-Bio-Physics Group at Institute of Ion Physics and Applied Physics – University of Innsbruck
Actuel Data Logging and Graphing Application
Actuel is RBD’s 9103 control and data acquisition application. Actuel provides the interface to RBD’s new 9103 Picoammeter, including a control and display medium for the Picoammeter. It also includes an interface that provides data sampling and recording (data logging). In addition, the software provides a console for accessing advanced features of the Picoammeter, including calibration and diagnostics.
The latest version of Actuel is available here.
More Detailed Technical Information and Downloads..